Water Operations Diploma
The Diploma of Water Industry Operations supports students seeking competency and requiring increasingly specialised technical skills or those who require a broad range of skills in the Water Industry.
The emphasis of the qualification is for the student to develop the skills required to gather, manage, present, and analyse data required by enterprises whose business involves:
- the use of water as a natural resource
- supplying of untreated bulk water to end users
- control and treatment of waste water, tailings,
leachate, ground water
- pollution, stormwater run off and drainage
- supplying information for weather forecasting,
rainfall, run-off, drainage
- flood prediction, water budgets, allocation, and licensing compliance
- engineering and environmental monitoring and management of water catchments,
- managing archives of hydrographic data
For more information, read the TAFE NSW brochure [PDF]
This qualification provides for training of Hydrographers with an expanded role of testing and monitoring associated with management of water catchments.